To make this show an unqualified success, we will be requiring the assistance of many volunteers on all days from Tuesday 11th June until Sunday 16th June 2019. We are now calling for a commitment from the Philatelic community in the form of volunteers.
Click here to download a Form to offer your services as a Volunteer.
All of our volunteers up to and including 85 years of age are covered by death and accident insurance through the Australian Philatelic Federation’s Voluntary Workers’ Cover, the main features of which are shown below. To ensure that you are covered by this policy it is most important that you sign in upon arrival and sign out on departure.
Therefore, if you are accepted as a volunteer for the exhibition, it is essential to ensure that on each day of attendance at the exhibition venue, you sign the attendance register upon your arrival, showing the date plus time of arrival. Don’t forget to similarly sign out when leaving for the day, showing the time of departure. This register will be available at the Organising Committee table.
An Australia-wide policy covering all voluntary workers of the APF, affiliated State & Territory Councils and their affiliated Clubs & Societies was renewed on 27th March 2019. At this stage, the annual premium is being centrally funded by the APF. All State councils have a copy of this policy.
Some details of this new policy are –
* Scope of Cover - Whilst engaged in voluntary work authorised by and under the control of the Insured including direct uninterrupted travel to and from such voluntary work.
* Age Limit - 12 to 85 years.
* Waiting period (deferral) - 7 days.
* Death and Capital Benefits $ 50,000
* Maximum payable for Insured Persons aged under 19 $ 10,000
* Maximum payable for Insured Persons aged 81 to 85 $ 10,000
Weekly Accident Benefit -
* 85% of earnings up to $ 500
* Domestic Help Benefit $ 500, 85% Expense Limitation, 26 Weeks Benefit Period
* Non Medicare Medical Expenses $ 1,000, Expense Limitation 85%, $50 basic excess
* Broken / Fractured Bones Benefits $ 2,000
* Accidental HIV Infection Lump Sum Benefit $ 10,000
* Childcare Benefit $ 5,000
* Coma Benefit $ 3,000
* Daily Benefit $ 100, 30 Days Benefit Period
* Driver Services Benefit $ 1,000
* Family Accommodation and Transport Expenses Benefit $ 2,000
* Financial Advice Benefit $ 2,500
* Home and Vehicle Modification Benefit $ 5,000, 85% Expense Limitation
* Injury Assistance Expenses Benefit $ 500
* Partner Employment Training Benefit $ 5,000
* Retraining and Rehabilitation Expenses Benefit $ 5,000
* Student Tutorial Benefit $ 500, 85% Expense Limitation, 26 Weeks Benefit Period
* Unexpired Membership Benefit $ 500
* Minimum Age Limit (sub-limits may apply) 12
BENEFIT PERIOD, FOR INCOME EARNERS ONLY:
Benefit Period 104 Weeks
60 - 64 years 52 Weeks
65 - 70 years 26 Weeks
70 - 74 years 6 Weeks
75 - 79 years Nil
The above policy is valid until 20th March 2020. If required, a full copy of this cover can be obtained from PHILAS or the Public Relations Officer.